Saturday, February 6, 2010

Novel idea

I want it to be about an Egyptian guy. A middle classed-rich Egyptian guy who graduated from a good university in Egypt. Yet, like millions of other recent graduates, can not find a job that relates to their majors. And if it doesn't relate, then why take it? Especially if you went to a good university and worked hard your whole life? I mean, it's like in the U.S., if you graduate from college you expect to find a job relating to your major. If not, then you're stuck at a random job. Or McDonalds. Well my character will be doing just that. Except not work at McDonalds. He'll be a taxi drive. A middle-classed recent graduate who comes from a rich family, and the only job he found was to be a taxi driver -- in Cairo. And I will follow him around. My inspiration is from a book called Taxi actually by an Egyptian guy. I don't know if this is close enough to his? It might be. If it is, I'll change the whole taxi thing and maybe let him be a bus driver? Or a bawab (apartment security/doorsmen thing). Oh and call the book Bawab. I like it. I'lll think about it. I'm excited now.

No comments:

Post a Comment